The Scholarship Program is open!
Scholarships are awarded every year to matriculating undergraduate and graduate students pursuing a degree. We encourage students from each of our regions (Greater New York, Greater Washington D.C., Connecticut and Rhode Island) to apply. Preferential consideration is given to applicants who have demonstrated excellence in fields of study of Italian language and/or culture. Special consideration will be given to CUNY students in view of our historic relationship with CUNY.
Deadline: March 31, 2014
- A female undergraduate or graduate student, currently matriculated full-time at an accredited U.S. institution.
- Demonstrated financial need
- One parent of Italian or Italian-American descent
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.5
To Apply, Please Submit:
- Completed application form (click here to download)
- A two-page essay* (double spaced) that addresses the question: How has being an Italian American impacted you, personally and professionally?
- Official college transcript
- Student Aid Report
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
Two Letters of Recommendation
- One academic
- One professional
- A $25 non-refundable processing fee made payable to NOIAW.
All required materials must be in one package and postmarked no later than March 31, 2014. Official transcripts may be mailed separately. Applications and required materials postmarked after the deadline will not be accepted under any circumstances. No exceptions will be made. The NOIAW takes no responsbility for incomplete or late applications.
Please send all materials by March 31, 2014 to:
The National Organization of Italian American Women
25 West 43rd Street, Suite 1005
New York, NY 10036
*Personal statements provided to NOIAW are not subject to return and will become the property of NOIAW.